Jason is active in various progressive causes, including free expression, rule of law, conservation, and the rights of migrant workers and other minority groups.
In addition, Jason continues to work with NGOs on various initiatives to help under-privileged children and minority groups. Some of these initiatives include:
- Helping dyslexic children through St. James’s Settlement’s “Read, Write, Fun” program
- Organizing workshops with the Hong Kong Association of Banks (HKAB) to promote financial literacy among under-privileged families
- Securing corporate funding for Room to Read to promote literacy for young girls in India
- Hosting events with The Women’s Foundation (TWF) to promote gender rights and equality in the workplace
- Helping children from immigrant families learn English through “Project We Can” in collaboration with Man Kiu College
In 2018, Jason was among nine human rights activists honored at the Movies That Matter human rights film festival in The Hague. He has been a panel judge for the Human Rights Press Awards jointly organized by the Foreign Correspondents’ Club, Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Journalists Association and Amnesty International Hong Kong.