Jason is a social activist. He is an outspoken advocate for Hong Kong’s pro-democracy movement, freedom of expression, rights of migrant workers, and shark conservation.
In addition, Jason continues to work with NGOs on various initiatives to help under-privileged children and minority groups. Some of these initiatives include:
- Helping dyslexic children through St. James’s Settlement’s “Read, Write, Fun” program
- Organising workshops with the Hong Kong Association of Banks (HKAB) to promote financial literacy among under-privileged families
- Securing corporate funding for Room to Read to promote literacy for young girls in India
- Hosting events with The Women’s Foundation (TWF) to promote gender rights and equality in the workplace
- Helping children from immigrant families learn English through “Project We Can” in collaboration with Man Kiu College
In 2018, Jason and former lawmaker Nathan Law Kwun-chung were among eight human rights activists honored at the Movies That Matter human rights film festival in The Hague. He was a judge for the 2019 Human Rights Press Awards jointly organized by the Foreign Correspondents’ Club, Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Journalists Association and Amnesty International Hong Kong.